HOW TO PROTECT LEATHER FROM SUN DAMAGE
Leather couches, leather bags, leather jackets. All great, expensive items to own. All exposed to plenty of sunlight. Sunlight can damage leather if you don't take some steps to protect it. That's where Leather Honey Leather Cleaner with UV Protectant comes in. It's all the same things customers love about our best-selling Leather Honey Leather Cleaner, with an extra boost of protection. Here's how to use our UV Protectant to prevent sun damage to leather products.
WHY YOU SHOULD PROTECT LEATHER FROM SUNLIGHT
Genuine leather is a natural product that contains oils that keep it looking great. When your leather couch is sitting in direct sunlight day in and day out, that leather gets dried out quickly. And when leather becomes dry, it cracks, breaks and eventually deteriorates.
PROTECT LEATHER FROM SUN DAMAGE IN 5 STEPS
- Remove Loose Dirt. Before you start cleaning your leather, you should remove any loose dirt or debris. You can use a small handheld vacuum (just be sure to use a soft brush attachment) or a lint-free cloth.
- Spot Test. Leather is skin and it can vary greatly. Spot test Leather Honey Leather Cleaner with UV Protectant in a small, discreet area before applying it all over. There should be no reactions, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.
- Apply the Cleaner. Once you are satisfied with your spot test, it's time to apply the cleaner that will protect your leather from sun damage. Simply spray the UV Protectant onto a lint-free cloth and gently wipe down the leather. Apply a thin, even coat across the entire item.
- Allow to Dry. With the leather cleaned and protected from sun damage, it's now time to let it dry completely. We recommend waiting at least two hours, but a full 24 hours is best.
- Condition the Leather. If you are working with genuine leather, it's a good idea to condition it after cleaning it. Applying Leather Honey Leather Conditioner will not only add an extra layer of protection, it will make your leather last for years to come.
MORE TO KNOW ABOUT HOW TO PROTECT LEATHER FROM SUN DAMAGE
Some common questions people have about protecting leather from sunlight.
How do you protect leather from sun damage?
You can protect leather from sun damage by cleaning it and conditioning it. Use a premade cleaner and conditioner, not household products. The latter can do more harm than good.
Does sunlight ruin leather?
Sunlight can ruin leather, but it will take some time. If you clean and condition your leather, sunlight will not impact it as much.
How do you protect leather from sun bleaching?
You can protect leather from sun bleaching by regularly cleaning it and conditioning it.