Leather Care FAQs - The Best-Selling Leather Cleaner & Leather Conditioner on Amazon
What Is the best leather conditioner & leather cleaner?
Our leather conditioner is an original family recipe, developed in 1968. 50 years later, the same formula continues to be sold by our family, and it features only the highest-quality, premium ingredients. We followed the same ethos when we developed our leather cleaner. Call us old-fashioned, but we think that’s the right way to do it…and we’re never changing our ways.
- #1 Selling Leather Care Products on Amazon
- Developed by our family in 1968, our time-tested brand has millions of satisfied customers.
- Protects new leather and rejuvenates old leather. For use on all leather but suede, including furniture, auto interior, motorcycle leathers, jackets, boots and shoes, gloves, purses, saddles and tack.
- One treatment from our leather conditioner lasts six months or longer.
- Water-repellent leather conditioner is non-toxic, non-solvent, not sticky and odorless.
#1 Best-Selling Leather Care Products on Amazon
How much Leather Honey Leather Conditioner do I need?
- Pair of brand-new work boots = two ounces
- Jacket = four ounces
- Full-sized couch = 16-32 ounces
- Saddle = a pint
How often will I need to apply Leather Honey Leather Conditioner to my leather?
Can I use Leather Honey products on colored leather?
Yes! Both Leather Honey Leather Conditioner and Leather Honey Leather Cleaner are clear, with no added colors, and can be used on all colors of leather. We do recommend spot testing in a discreet area, as conditioning in particular can slightly darken some types and shades leather. Consider that leather typically fades over time due to dryness and wear, and when you condition, you're adding moisture to the leather. That can deepen the color slightly, similar to what happens when you spill water on a colored item. Many customers like the richer, slightly darker shade that can come from conditioning leather, and often any color change fades as the leather dries.
If you want to intentionally darken worn or faded leather, we'd recommend conditioning with our leather conditioner. If the leather is faded from dryness or sun damage, often the original color will return after conditioning. Once dry, you can always dye the leather after conditioning if you want a deeper color.
Will I need any materials to apply Leather Honey?
- If your leather is dirty, you will need to clean it with Leather Honey Leather Cleaner.
- Kill any existing mildew. We like to use a combination of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Use newspaper to protect your floor.
- Use our Lint-Free Application Cloth to apply Leather Honey Leather Conditioner to the leather. Alternatively, a brush or sponge can be helpful to get into cracks and crevices, especially if you are treating a large surface area like a couch.
How do I apply Leather Honey Leather Conditioner?
- Protect your floor with newspaper.
- If it is dirty, clean the surface of your leather with Leather Honey Leather Cleaner (new leather does not need to be cleaned).
- Let the leather dry fully after cleaning it.
- Kill any existing mildew using a combination of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Test the Leather Honey in a small, discreet area of your item first. This is important - because leather is a natural substance, each piece is unique and thus may react differently to conditioners and cleaners.
- Use our lint-free application cloth to apply Leather Honey Leather Conditioner in thin, even coats to the entire surface area of the leather. Remember, a little goes a long way. We recommend that the product be at room temperature or warmer (you can even put it in the microwave or next to a heat source), as it makes it easier to apply.
- Allow time for the Leather Honey to absorb a minimum of two hours, but preferably overnight -- and wipe off any excess with the lint-free cloth.
- Let dry.
- Repeat as many times as necessary.
How to Use Leather Honey Leather Cleaner & Leather Honey Leather Conditioner on Boots / Shoes
How long does it take to apply?
Does Leather Honey Leather Conditioner clean leather?
Your bottle says to apply to "clean" leather. How would you recommend I clean my old leather?
Why would I want to apply Leather Honey Leather Conditioner to new leather?
Does Leather Honey Leather Conditioner prevent mildew and mold?
Do you have a recommended application cloth?
Is it possible to apply too much Leather Honey Leather Conditioner to my leather?
How long does Leather Honey Leather Conditioner last on the shelf?
Will Leather Honey Leather Conditioner change the color of the leather?
Can I use Leather Honey products on suede?
Can I use Leather Honey products on colored leather?
Are Leather Honey products safe to use on all leather? Vegetable and chrome-tanned? Napped leather? Glove soft leather? What about leather from alligator, reptile, eel, lizard, snake or ostrich? Vinyl or simulated leather?
Are Leather Honey products toxic to children and pets?
What's Leather Honey Leather Conditioner made of?
Do You Have Safety Data Sheets?
CALIFORNIA INGREDIENT DISCLOSURE
CLEANING PRODUCT RIGHT TO KNOW ACT 2017
California's "Cleaning Products Right to Know Act of 2017" requires product manufacturers to disclose the ingredients of certain products to consumers. Covered products include air care products, automotive products that maintain the appearance of a motor vehicle, general cleaning products, or polishes or floor maintenance products used primarily for janitorial, domestic, or institutional cleaning. Industrial products specifically made for industrial manufacturing processes are not covered by the Act. View the Right to Know regulation.
Leather Honey Leather Cleaner and Leather Honey Leather Conditioner do not contain any of the harmful chemicals that are covered by the California Right to Know Act and thus we continue to keep our family secret recipe as confidential business information.
Is Leather Honey Leather Conditioner sticky? What do I do if it leaves a residue?
What forms of payment do you accept?
I have several allergies. Should I worry about being allergic to Leather Honey products?
Where is Leather Honey located and how is my order shipped?
Where can I have Leather Honey shipped to? Do you ship to other countries?
Can I use Leather Honey products on Natuzzi, Aniline, or Nubuck leathers?
Who can I contact if I'd like to carry Leather Honey in my store or become a distributor?
Can I use the same Lint-Free Application Cloth to clean and condition?