More questions? Visit our blog, where we frequently post customer Q&As. If you don’t see an answer to your question, we will be happy to respond.
How much Leather Honey Leather Conditioner do I need?
A little Leather Honey goes a long way, so you probably don’t need as much as you think. While it certainly depends on the age, condition and type of leather, here are a few examples to give you an idea:
- Pair of brand-new work boots = two ounces
- Jacket = four ounces
- Full-sized couch = 16-32 ounces
- Saddle = a pint
How often will I need to apply Leather Honey Leather Conditioner to my leather?
Because Leather Honey Leather Conditioner is water-resistant and contains no solvents, it penetrates deeply into the pores of the leather and stays there. Certain factors, however, will require you to apply condition more frequently. Though Leather Honey Leather Conditioner is water-resistant, it is lighter than water and will float to the surface if the leather is completely saturated with water, at which point you need to re-apply. Direct sunlight is another factor: For example, if you are treating a couch that sits in direct sunlight, you will need to apply conditioner more often than you would a couch that isn’t situated near a window. In general, you will know it is time to re-apply if the surface of your leather begins to look chalky or feels dry to the touch.Leather Honey Leather Cleaner can be used whenever your leather needs a quick clean — in between or before applications of leather conditioner.
Will I need any materials to apply Leather Honey?
You may want to consider having the following on hand for the application process:
- If your leather is dirty, you will need to clean it with Leather Honey Leather Cleaner.
- Kill any existing mildew. We like to use a combination of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Use newspaper to protect your floor.
- Use a our Lint-Free Application Cloth to apply Leather Honey Leather Conditioner to the leather. Alternatively, a brush or sponge can be helpful to get into cracks and crevices, especially if you are treating a large surface area like a couch.
How do I apply Leather Honey Leather Conditioner?
- Protect your floor with newspaper.
- If it is dirty, clean the surface of your leather with Leather Honey Leather Cleaner (new leather does not need to be cleaned).
- Let the leather dry fully after cleaning it.
- Kill any existing mildew using a combination of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Test the Leather Honey in a small, discreet area of your item first. This is important – because leather is a natural substance, each piece is unique and thus may react differently to conditioners and cleaners.
- Use our lint-free application cloth to apply Leather Honey Leather Conditioner in thin, even coats to the entire surface area of the leather. Remember, a little goes a long way.We recommend that the product be at room temperature or warmer (you can even put it in the microwave or next to a heat source), as it makes it easier to apply.
- Allow time for the Leather Honey to absorb a minimum of two hours, but preferably overnight — and wipe off any excess with the lint-free cloth.
- Let dry.
- Repeat as many times as necessary.
How long does it take to apply?
Does Leather Honey Leather Conditioner clean leather?
Your bottle says to apply to “clean” leather. How would you recommend I clean my old leather?
Why would I want to apply Leather Honey Leather Conditioner to new leather?
Does Leather Honey Leather Conditioner prevent mildew and mold?
Do you have a recommended application cloth?
Is it possible to apply too much Leather Honey Leather Conditioner to my leather?
How long does Leather Honey Leather Conditioner last on the shelf?
Will Leather Honey Leather Conditioner change the color of the leather?
Can I use Leather Honey products on suede?
Can I use Leather Honey products on colored leather?
Are Leather Honey products safe to use on all leather? Vegetable and chrome-tanned? Napped leather? Suede? Glove soft leather? What about leather from alligator, reptile, eel, lizard, snake or ostrich? Vinyl or simulated leather?
Are Leather Honey products toxic to children and pets?
What’s Leather Honey Leather Conditioner made of?
Is Leather Honey Leather Conditioner sticky? What do I do if it leaves a residue?
What forms of payment do you accept?
I have several allergies. Should I worry about being allergic to Leather Honey products?
Where is Leather Honey located and how is my order shipped?
Does Leather Honey ship outside of the United States?
Currently, our website only processes orders within the US, where shipping is always free. We also sell on Amazon Canada (again, with free shipping). However, if you would like to purchase Leather Honey in another country, please contact us. Include your mailing address and the quantity you would like to purchase and we will attempt to make shipping arrangements and provide a quote for the cost to ship to your address.
We also have retailers in several international locations — you can find a list of them and their websites and contact information on our Store Locator page.
Can I use Leather Honey products on Natuzzi, Aniline, or Nubuck leathers?
Who can I contact if I’d like to carry Leather Honey in my store or become a distributor?
Can I use the same Lint-Free Application Cloth to clean and condition?