If you’re a golfer, you probably have many different types of leather golf accessories and take great pride in the way they look. Therefore, you need to know how to properly care for all your leather golf equipment in order to keep them in prime condition.
Caring for your leather golf accessories may seem like a simple task; however, if you get it wrong, you could end up damaging the look of that piece. Here are some tips that will ensure you know exactly how to properly care for all of your leather golf accessories.
Caring For Your Leather Golf Bag
Most leather golf bags are made out of “naked” leather, which means it’s soft and delicate and nothing has been added to it that would alter its natural state. Therefore, your leather should not be polished unless it has first been conditioned. Otherwise, anything you put on it will absorb into the leather and could create dark spots.
- Always keep your golf bag clean
- Clean it with a soft dry cloth that is made from cotton or some type of microfiber
- You should store your bag in a cool, dry place and that includes your clubs as well
- Never leave your leather golf bag in the trunk of your vehicle for long periods of time
Caring For Your Leather Golf Shoes
It’s recommended that you wipe down your golf shoes after each use. This will remove all the golf course chemicals (herbicides, pesticides) from your shoes. It will also remove any mud or water that may have gotten on them. Leaving mud or water will stain your golf shoes, break down the leather and cause the leather to crack pre-maturely causing them to leak. Here’s some helpful tips on how to get the most out of your leather golf shoes…
- Wipe down your shoes after each use
- Condition your leather golf shoes with Leather Honey to prolong the life of your shoes
- Replace missing or worn spikes on the bottom of your shoes as needed to preserve the soles and keep them from leaking
Caring For Your Leather Golf Grips
Golfers often neglect the grips when caring for their golf accessories; however, this could lead to having poor control of the club. Taking the time necessary to properly care for your leather golf grips will not only keep them looking good, but it will also help the performance of your game.
- Clean your grips with a soft cloth after each use
- After you have cleaned your grips, take a few minutes to condition them with Leather Honey
- Once you have finished conditioning, dry wipe them to remove any excess Leather Honey
Caring for White Leather Golf Equipment
The proper care of white leather golf equipment takes a little more forethought than the care of your other accessories. Therefore, you should take a few minutes to give them the extra care they require to keep them in pristine condition.
- Wipe them down after each use to remove any dirt and water
- You can use a MagicEraser to remove any scuffs; however, you must use this product very gently otherwise you will damage the surface of your shoes
- Then use a leather cleaner that is specifically for white leather
- After you use the leather cleaner, wipe them again to remove any excess
- Now you can use the Leather Honey to revive your shoes and to help protect the leather
- Never leave your leather golf shoes in the trunk of your vehicle for long periods of time
Caring for your leather golf accessories doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. But it does have to be done if you want your equipment and accessories to continue looking good. The one common denominator when it comes to the proper care and maintenance of your leather golf equipment is Leather Honey. This product is one that has stood the test of time and continues to help golfers keep their equipment in prime condition year after year.